Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63

Thread: New manga title suggestions! T__T

  1. #51
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't read them side by side, but... um... for the first two S-C-net had their own translator, but from ch. 3 on they're planning on using the same translations (Jennifer Lillie from Curiouser.nu is the same one who's giving translations to MangaProject).

    But the editing and scanning can still be better; it's just hard to say that the translations are better here at the point where both groups are using the same translations, if you see what I mean... ^^;;;

  2. #52
    Inactive Member akemi010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2003
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've read both verson of Manga Project and yours, I like the scan and editing here better, so keep on doing the good work!!! Its a great manga, there no reason why you should quit, keep on going guys!!! I support you all the way!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #53
    Inactive Member Lady Elanor's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Never mind. I'll be fine with both. The most importent thing is to understand the story plot.

    Edit: I have already read both versions again. Now I must say that the sakura-crisis.net version is realy easier to understand. The vocabels are more usual. But the other version has more style. It's a wonderful flowery speech. I love this, even it's harder to read for me. [img]smile.gif[/img] The positive aspect is that I'm forced to learn a lot by reading this. [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ February 20, 2003 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Lady Elanor ]</font>

  4. #54
    Inactive Member kaoschan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 4th, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about hanazakari no kimitachi e it's more of a comdedy cute kind of thing though

  5. #55
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    (sweatdrop)... er, there's already at least five different groups doing scanslations of HanaKimi (TFT, DGT, Fullblossoms, Sano, and Youkosiren)...

    it *both* doesn't fit Crisis' stated criteria *and* is already being done... so I'd imagine the answer is pretty likely to be no...

  6. #56
    Inactive Member Majinkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi...I'm not sure if you're still taking suggestions, but if you are at any time in the future, may I suggest "Yakumo Tatsu" by Itsuki Natsumi? I've heard many good things about it, which lead me to purchase several volumes, but unfortunately, my Japanese is nowhere near good enough to be able to read it on my own. I've looked around online, but no translations seem to exist anywhere. I don't know if you've considered doing this series before, but if not, I'd just like to bring it up for consideration. Thanks.

    Hello, btw. It's nice to meet you. ^_^

  7. #57
    HB Forum Owner crisisdreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2002
    Posts
    382
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Majinkarp:
    [QB]Hi...I'm not sure if you're still taking suggestions, but if you are at any time in the future, may I suggest "Yakumo Tatsu" by Itsuki Natsumi? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hmm...well, can you tell me more about it? I've never heard of it. If you have any sample cover scans or pictures, I'd love to take a look.

    Oh, and I won't be doing Hanakimi. ^^** As Risu-chan said, a bunch of people are doing it and it really doesn't interest me. I used to read and like it, but then it dragged on and on and on...

  8. #58
    Inactive Member Majinkarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2003
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gladly. It's an occult/supernatural shoujo series, 19 volumes long. As I said before, I lack the ability to read it, but I have found summaries of the plot online. This one was posted on the Shioul ML (Just to be clear, it is not mine, it's Re-Miel's. I hope it's all right for me to quote it here):
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Modern day Japan. A latest offspring of Fudzuchi clan, an ancient Izumo bloodline of shamans, is searching for six Shinkens (holy swords) that went missing from his clan some decades ago. The seven Shinkens (he still has the last one) are focus of a kekkai (seal) that hold at bay a terrible curse, placed on the land thousands of years ago. The curse of Susanoo-Oh, a ruthless clan leader who was betrayed by his own people. If the shinkens are not found and kekkai is not re-powered, it will break and all the hatred and 'nen' (negative spiritual energy) that accumulated over the centuries will be unleashed.

    And so Fudzuchi Kuraki (the said latest offspring, dark, silent and moody 16-year old biseinen) and Nanachi Takeo - 21-year old university student who befriends Kuraki, search Japan for the shinkens... And run into all sorts of trouble on the way.

    The story in this manga is fun and provides reader with all sorts of mythological and occult fun along the way. But the main focus is on
    characters, whom the mangaka has a true gift for fleshing out. They are much more alive than in most other mangas. But most importantly, there is no assumptions made here that people are, ultimately, 'nice' creatures... No idealism about human heart here. The relationships between characters have to them that dark edge, that opulent aroma, that 'broken' feeling...

    This is 'Les Liasons Dangereuses' of shoujo manga. For a change mangaka doesn't pretend that she is the same age as most of her audience. But be warned - it takes few volumes to get going. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
    A Japanese friend of mine highly recommended the author's work, but judging by the lack of information available about it, "Yakumo Tatsu" doesn't appear to be that well known in the U.S. The tankoubons are published by Hana to Yume. Unfortunately, I'm at my dorm and lack access to a scanner, or I'd scan some of it for you. However, the manga-ka's website, with a gallery, is here: http://ina-inc.jp/top.html . There are some black and white scans here: http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian...47/yakumo.html and color ones here: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Bay/4...htgallery.html .

  9. #59
    Inactive Member yukawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2002
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    bah, I say it looks nice ^_______^ (if our votes ever matter since anyway anything you pick's great)

  10. #60
    Inactive Member Anime Goddess's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    237
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Hey it sounds good and interesting ^^ Although I have never heard of it before >< Hmmm....I think I would actually want to read it ^_^
    It sounds awsome [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Know only if it was in english ^^

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ March 06, 2003 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Anime Goddess ]</font>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •